Ravinder is the mind behind this organization. Apart from being a social activist; he has shown his ability on the judicial activism as well. He is known for his deep assessment of issues and wide social links. He freely writes on any issue including political, social or be it legal. He has shown his in-depth assessment on any issue which matters for the society. His motto of life is that life is short and time is too less for us to work for change in the system. His professional profile is as below:
Punjab and Haryana High Court Chandigarh and other Courts in Tricity-Chandigarh
- Independent Practice (March 2010 onwards):
- P& H High Court Chandigarh
- State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission Chandigarh, Punjab and Haryana
- Other courts of the Haryana-Punjab-region including District Court, Labour Court, DRT, etc.
- Strong professional associations with lawyers of Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir including Jind, Hisar, Kurukshetra, Rohtak, Jhajjar, Sangrur, Patiala, Ludhiana, Moga, Amritsar, Gurdaspur, Shimla, Mandi, Bilaspur, Jammu, Srinagar, etc.
- Proven track record in handling disputes pertaining to Corporate Law, Criminal Law as well as a gamut of Civil cases related to Revenue, MACT, Civil Appeals, etc.
- Public Interest Litigations especially in the field of education improvement, social improvement and human rights.
- Has been honoured by Hon’ble High Court by appointing Amicus Curie in a matter of extreme public importance.
- Has been part of delegation of lawyers from around India to an international conference in Pakistan in October 2012.
Associate Advocate (September 2003 – 2007):
- Worked as an associate with Mr.HS Hooda, Sr. Advocate P & H High Court and currently Advocate General, Haryana
- Independently handled Miscellaneous Writ Matters including Service, Revenue, Habeas Corpus, Criminal Matters, etc.
AS JUDICIAL ACTIVIST
- Ravinder Singh Dhull versus State of Haryana and others, CWP No. 23171 of 2010
- A Public Interest Litigation for providing basic facilities to residents of village Rahimpur Kheri (District Panipat) which happens to be only village in the State of Haryana having no facilities of road, transport, electricity. The matter was heard at length and a direction was issued to the petitioner to approach administration which had to consider the representation and thereafter take adequate action as per law.
- Ravinder Singh Dhull versus Union Territory of Chandigarh, CWP No. 20099 of 2011
- A Public Interest Litigation showing concern over sudden disappearance of children from a destitute home in Chandigarh known as Snehalaya. The matter was heard at length and detailed directions were issued to the respondents to provide various facilities to the children at the Snehalaya. It has led to betterment of their life.
- Pooja Dhull versus Union of India and others, CWP No. 2691 of 2012
- A Public Interest Litigation filed by petitioner through his wife. This was regarding protection of the wetlands in the States of Punjab and Haryana. The matter was heard at length and directions were issued to the respondents to understand growing danger to the wetlands and also implement the rules for conservation of wetlands strictly.
- Pooja Dhull versus State of Haryana and others, CWP No. 14207 of 2012
- A Public Interest Litigation filed by the petitioner through his wife. The matter was regarding growing irregularities pointed out by the C.A.G. regarding functionalities in the Department of Animal Husbandry in Haryana. The matter was heard at length and direction was issued to the petitioner to approach the State Government with his grievances. The petitioner thereafter approached the Government at pursued the matter.
- Ravinder Singh Dhull versus Union of India and others, CWP No. 658 of 2015
- A Public Interest Litigation filed by the petitioner wherein concern was shown regarding quacks working as Naturopathic doctors in the State of Haryana and Punjab as there is no body which governs the practice of Yoga and Naturopathy. The matter is yet pending and the respondents have to file reply in the same.
- Ravinder Singh Dhull versus Union of India and others, CWP No. 2268 of 2015
- A Public Interest Litigation filed by the petitioner wherein concern was shown regarding on going sale of gender determination kit over online portals like Amazon.com and a direction was sought for immediate ban on the same and also for filtration of such content.
- Ravinder Singh Dhull versus State of Haryana and others, CWP No. 10877 of 2015
- A Public Interest Litigation filed by the petitioner wherein concern was shown regarding non compliance of the provisions of the Boilers Act, 1923 in the thermal plants in Haryana. Hon’ble High Court disposed off the petition with a direction to the Chief Boilers Inspector to look into the allegations of the petitioner and take decision accordingly.
As Manager-Legal in ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd.
Oct 2007 – March 2010
- Key Responsibilities and Experience:
- Point person for generating Legal Opinions for North-India zone and advising the management as and when required.
- Advised various departments within the company regarding legal merits of a claim to be paid/repudiating.
- Handled third party high-value matters for the company.
- Case-portfolio of more than 500 MACT and 1700 consumer cases.
- Successfully handled critical portfolio of first-ever-third-party policy for Haryana Roadways.
- Handled all consumer cases against the company in the North-India zone.
- All consumer executions against the company u/s 27 CP Act in the North-India zone.
- Participated in various Lok Adalats of Samadhan 2008, 2009, an initiative of the Supreme Court to reduce litigation.
-Enrolment No.: P/991/2003, enrolled with Bar Council of Punjab and Haryana at Chandigarh
-Member, Punjab and Haryana Bar Association Chandigarh
-Life Member, International Council of Jurists, London
-Honorary Member, Nankana Sahib Bar Association, Pakistan
-Member, Asian Society of International Law